Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Yard Work

The last two days I have spent entirely on the lawn, preparing the dirt, seeding and watering. I still have some of that to do today. This autumn weather is lovely, but I actually wish it would rain so I could water less.

Reading Hegel before bed. (It does help hurry sleep.) The first principles of his logic are Being, Nothingness, and becoming. Interesting the poem IT begins in an almost identical place:

"It. That's it. That started it. It is. Goes on. Moves. Beyond. Becomes."

In terms of computers, I was looking at F#. It is a new language included in Visual Studio 2010. It is a function based language, especially useful for math intensive applications. I have played with it some but my math skills are not sufficient to take full advantage of it.

So, back to the yard. I really hope it grows.

No comments:

Post a Comment