Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2

I spent the morning uninstalling Visual Studio 2010 Beta 1 and then installing Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2. It went amazingly smoothly. My experience with Betas in the past did not lead me to expect that, but this beta one had a good uninstall utility, and the Beta 2 a good install.

I haven't actually played with it yet, but I will today.

I remember with the original SQL Server 2005 beta it wouldn't uninstall. I spent hours with the registry editor trying to get rid of every last trace of the beta, so that I could install the final product. If I was smart, I would only install betas into virtual machines. The problem with that is performance. At least on my machine, Visual studio crawls inside a VM.

Monday I had to take my son up to Puyallup to see a doctor. Yesterday I went into Seattle. Friday I have to go to Tacoma. The gist of it is, I am getting a little panicked about getting the writing done.

On the positive side, My lawn is turning green. It may actually be a lawn by spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment